Dr. Avalos has provided research, analysis and testimony for a wide variety of clients in recent years, including law firms, law schools, government entities and agencies, banks, think tanks, research foundations, professional organizations, and private companies.
Dr. Avalos has over a decade of experience in economic analysis. His work has appeared in leading economic, legal and public policy journals and has been featured in the New York Times. Dr. Avalos has also testified regarding their research before the California Senate.
Valley Economics Associates, Inc. specializes in designing and developing custom models which are used for strategic decision making, informing policy decisions and conducting economic and fiscal impact analysis. Applying cutting-edge economic and quantitative tools, we draw on the latest research, statistical data, and sound modeling to assemble the facts.
A Partial List of Recent Topics Valley Economics Associates, Inc., Has Addressed
- The Economic and Human Cost of the Drought in the San Joaquin Valley
- Economic Impact of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California
- Economic Impact of the Petroleum Industry and the Monterey Shale
- The Agriculture Value Chain in Tulare County
- Economic and Fiscal Impact of Green-Energy Infrastructure Projects
- Economic Impact of Solar Projects in the California Central Valley
- Assessing Financial Literacy among Hispanics in the California Central Valley
- Market Study of the San Joaquin College of Law
- Economic Impact of Benefits Payments to the Retirees of the City of Fresno
- Economic Analysis of Incentives and Disincentives for Corporate Manufacturers Investment and Growth in California
- Economic Impact of a Living Wage Ordinance in the City of Fresno
- Comparative Analysis of Economic Development in Fresno, Maricopa, Riverside, San Bernardino and Washoe Counties.