DR. ANTONIO AVALOS
Dr. Antonio Avalos specializes in forensic economics, economic development, regional economics, and international economics. He holds a Ph.D. in Economics and a M.S. in Economics from Oklahoma State University. In the past, Dr. Avalos has worked as Herman Kahn Fellow at the Hudson Institute in Indianapolis, and later as an external consultant for the institute, conducting research on regional economics and workforce issues. He also was a visiting scholar at the Andean Corporation of Development in Caracas, Venezuela, where he conducted applied research in international trade, economic development and labor markets in Latin American economies. Over the last few years, Dr. Avalos also has participated and presented research at an assorted list of regional, national and international conferences, including countries such as Chile, Argentina, Nicaragua, Mexico, France, England, The Netherlands, Romania, Italy, China, and others. Currently, Dr. Avalos is a Professor of Economics at California State University, Fresno, where he has served as a faculty member since 2003.
Dr. Avalos is an active member of the National Association of Forensic Economics and the American Academy of Economic and Financial Experts.
Dr. Avalos’ research and publication record includes the following:
- Avalos, Antonio, “General Guidelines for the Conversion of Damages Calculated in Foreign Currency: Tort Claims”, Journal of Forensic Economics 28(1):1-14, 2019.
- Avalos, Antonio, “Household Consumption Response to Food Price Shocks and the Vulnerability of the Poor in Mexico”, Journal of International Development 28(1): 1294-1312, 2016
- Avalos, Antonio and Sean Alley, “Use and Limitations of Purchasing Power Parity for the Conversion of Damages Calculated in Foreign Currency: An Updated Look”, Journal of Legal Economics 21(2): 1-25, 2015.
- Avalos, Antonio and Sean Alley, “Are Mexican Net Discount Rates Stationary? An Application for Lost Earnings Damages Involving Undocumented Workers”, Journal of Forensic Economics 25(2): 128-152, 2014.
- Avalos, Antonio and Eduardo Graillet, “Corn and Mexican Agriculture: What went wrong?”, American Journal of Economics and Sociology 72(1):145-178, 2013.
- Avalos, Antonio, “Estimación del Impacto Económico de los Juegos Panamericanos Guadalajara 2011: Análisis de Insumo-Producto”, EconoQuantum 8(1): 35-60, 2011.
- Avalos, Antonio and Sean Alley, “The Economic Impact of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California”, California Journal of Politics and Policy 2(1): 1–24, July 2010.
- Avalos, Antonio, “Migration, Unemployment and Wages: The Case of the California San Joaquin Valley”, Contemporary Economic Policy 28(1): 123–135, January 2010.
- Avalos, Antonio and Andreas Savvides, “The Wage Inequality in Latin America and East Asia: Openness, Technology and Labor Supply”, Review of Development Economics 10(4): 553-576, November, 2006.
- Avalos, Antonio and Fausto Hernández-Trillo, “Real Exchange Rates and Economic Performance,” Economía Mexicana IV(2): 239-264, 1995.